Making an Insurance Claim
If you have damage to your home, repairs may be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. The process can be painless and Colonial Roofing is here to help!
- Contact Colonial Roofing to schedule a free inspection.
- If we find your home has been damaged, we recommend that you contact your insurance agent and request an inspection.
- If needed, your insurance agent can allow us to make temporary repairs to protect your home. We will provide receipts to you which will need to be provided to the agent for proper reimbursement.
- We encourage you to take pictures of the damage before repairs are made (we can help with this).
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the insurance company’s adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- After the insurance adjuster inspects the damage, a claim sheet will be provided to you explaining the damages and what your insurance will cover, minus your deductible.
- Most homeowner s insurance policies will cover full costs for replacement (less your deductible) as long as the repairs are completed. Then the depreciation value is recoverable. Receipts from us need to be submitted to the insurance company and processed, at which time the final payment is made.
- Colonial Roofing offers free insurance claims assistance.